1)Using dbg messages in your code, then print them as output
with ./build/pc/main.exe ...options... > print.txt
for example
and then, you might use grep for extracting what u need

2)i think there is an explanation throgh the tutorial, or consider
"TOSSIM: a simulator for tinyOS Networks" by P.Levis and N.Lee
i found it really useful