On May 13, 2007, at 2:32 PM, Joan Cortes wrote:

Thank you Phil,
I wonder what is exactly the operations make the reception to be very power hungry. It is just the demodulator?, I thought it is the same circuitry for modulation and demodulations, as also the frequency synthesizer. Additionally TX usually consumes more due to the need of amplification, is the amplification RX higher than TX.

This is understandably a complex topic. There are lots of papers and textbooks on RF design; they would be a good place to start.

Phil