Hi Michael,

greenON means that the buffer where i store the Messages for transmission is
full. This could happen because the sending task is much slower than the
speed at which new packets are generated. This led never lights up so the
buffer is never overflowed. (This buffering algorythm is the same one as
used on TOSBase to receive and forward packets)

redOn is a send failed.

The motes are also sending extra data fields: each failed sendDone()
increases an errorcount variable, and each packet has a packetnumber
variable. So on the host side i can review these numbers. But only about 13
sendDone() events return with a fail. Calculated over the total amount of
packets this is 0.00000001 %.

In the period where packets are missing not all packets are missing but too
much. When i check the log file on the host, i can clearly see missing
packetnumbers in those bad periods.

I can sit next to the motes and watch them for 2 hours observing the leds as
you suggest. But i don't think i will see any stange pattern in the flashing
leds.

I think i'm going to start a new test with the radio tuned to another
channel and dB.

Thank you