Hello,

I am using Stargate and MicaZ which are connected by Stargate's serial port. I
want to send and receive data from MicaZ but there is a problem with serial
port (I suppose) - I try to use sf on the stargate and TOSBase (or GenericBase)
on MicaZ but unfortunately sf couldn't send anything to by serial port.

To verify that the Mote interface for Stargate is properly set up I use
motetest application which I found on the Stargate's CDROM
(apps/sample/mote/motetest.c), in MicaZ I use modified version of GenericBase
(apps/sample/mote/TOS/GenericBaseM.nc).

After I run motetest application I can see: "Packet sent to mote over UAR" but
on the MicaZ none of the Leds switch on (it should if a packet was received).
Next the application (motetest) waits to get the response from UART but there
is no reply.

I don't know why this Stargate serial port doesn't work correctly. I use
defaults program parameter : baundrate 57600, /dev/tts/2 etc. I also try
different ones but it also wasn't working.

Maybe I should set serial port parameters on stargate using linux "setserial".
If so please give me appropriate values: port etc. So far I try to use
autoconfigure option.

Which Stargate, mote or application parameter should I change to make it to
work? Could you help me to solve this problem?

Thank you for help.

Regards,

Mariusz Mikcinski