Thanks Cory.  Before I go any further, is there a minimum to the reference
voltage?  I'm going for a ceiling of 60 mV.

Dan

On 5/30/07, Cory Sharp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Dan, it sounds like you've done everything necessary.  Try bypassing the
TinyOS MSP430 ADC components and check the ADC by directly setting the
MSP430 control registers.  Be sure to appropriately set these registers, in
particular:

  P6SEL
  P6DIR
  ADC12CTL0
  ADC12CTL1
  ADC12IFG
  ADC12IE

See the MSP430 User's Guide section ADC12 for appropriate values.  Then
trigger a conversion with

  ADC12CTL0 |= ENC | ADC12SC;
  ADC12CTL0 &= ~ADC12SC;

You can throw together a quick and dirty ADC interrupt handler like this

  TOSH_SIGNAL(ADC_VECTOR) {
    uint16_t iv = ADC12IV;
    if( iv == 0x06 ) {
      ADC12IE = 0;