De: Steve McKown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Para: tinyos-help@millennium.berkeley.edu
CC: jose m <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Enviado: martes 5 de junio de 2007, 1:20:23
Asunto: Re: [Tinyos-help] Active message protocol

On Monday 04 June 2007 13:38, jose m wrote:
> Checking out the AMStandard.nc file I see that, if you are transmitting a
> radio message, the AMStandard component is occupied until the tx is done,
> and you cannot tx to UART until then. Why? any problem tx to radio and UART
> at the same time?

Assuming the radio and serial UART don't share any common resources, their
operations can certainly be interleaved.  For example, you can call
AMSend.send(...) and then on the very next line call UartStream.send(...).
The actual order of execution occurs based upon the TinyOS concurrency model.
AMSend.sendDone() and UartStream.sendDone() will be each called as their
relevant split-phase operations complete.

If you want to learn more about TinyOS concurrency, check out Philip Levis'
programming guide @ http://csl.stanford.edu/~pal/pubs/tinyos-programming.pdf

All the best,
Steve