Hi,
Now I can correctly install $TOSROOT/tools/tinyos/misc.
There should be some problem in the cygwin part of tos-locate-jre file.
I forced JAVAC_DIR="/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Java/jdk1.5.0_08/bin" then it
worked.

Then, my remaining troubles are:
1. When running burn script, there is a problem about uploading bootloader:
   Will adding "BOOTLOADER ?= $(TOSDIR)/lib/TOSBoot/build/micaz/main.srec"
into micaz.target a solution?
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
   installing micaz bootloader using mib510
uisp -dprog=mib510 -dserial=/dev/ttyS0 --wr_fuse_h=0xd9 -dpart=ATmega128
--wr_fu
se_e=ff  --upload if=
Firmware Version: 2.1
Atmel AVR ATmega128 is found.
Error: No such file or directory
->
make: *** [program_bl] Error 1
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

2. I still cannot compile GoldenImage. All things I did are
  installing $TOSROOT/tools/tinyos/misc, compiling TOSBoot,
  running burn script and getting error as stated above. I have
  checkout the latest cvs tree (BTW, when I did CVS, there are
  lots of "it is in the way" messages. Will this be a problem?).
  It seems that the compiler didn't use the bnp.extra file.

3. What's the relationship between GoldenImage and TOSBoot
  (bootloader)? Should we need to first upload GoldenImage
  before we can ping the mote?

Thanks a lot
Yu-En

On 6/18/07, Razvan Musaloiu-E. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi!

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007, Yu-En Tsai wrote:

> On 6/18/07, Razvan Musaloiu-E. < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi!

>> Deluge
>> >
>> > I didn't change TOSDIR. It's /opt/tinyos-2.x/tos.
>>
>> But the cvs checkout was done in /opt/tinyos- 2.x right? :-)
>
> Yes, that's what I did.
>

>> The configure script is building the Makefile from the
>> $TOSROOT/tools/tinyos/misc. I'm not sure why the detection of the JDK
is
>> failing on your system. Can you run please run:
>>        $TOSROOT/tools/tinyos/misc/tos-locate-jre --javac
>> From what I can see this is the way the configure script tries to
locate
>> the JDK.
>

> I did run that. The weird thing is nothing happens, no error, no output.

It should output the path to where the javac is. Do you have the path to
javac in your PATH? I installed the Sun's JDK in my home
($HOME/local/jdk1.5.0_10) and I added that path to my PATH. After that the
tos-locate-jre properly indicate the $HOME/jdk1.5.0_10/bin for javac.

--
Razvan ME

>> 3. "make" and "make install" neither work in
$TOSROOT/tools/tinyos/misc.