Hi Ryan,

The fix was just checked into the TinyOS tree. Could you please try again?

Thank you

Mike

J. Ryan Stinnett wrote:
Mike -

Sorry I left that part out! I am using MicaZ, so perhaps that is where the difference lies. I've included the commands I used below. They all appear to complete successfully.

(Hook up mote 0)
cd /opt/tinyos-2.x/apps/tests/deluge/GoldenImage
make micaz install,0 mib510,/dev/ttyS4
(Note that -DDELUGE_BASESTATION is included in the GoldenImage Makefile)
tos-deluge /dev/ttyS4 micaz -i 0 build/micaz/tos_image.xml
tos-deluge /dev/ttyS4 micaz -r 0
tos-deluge /dev/ttyS4 micaz -p 0
(This shows version 0 of GoldenImageC in volume 0)
(Hook up mote 1)
make micaz reinstall,1 mib510,/dev/ttyS4
tos-deluge /dev/ttyS4 micaz -i 0 build/micaz/tos_image.xml
tos-deluge /dev/ttyS4 micaz -r 0
tos-deluge /dev/ttyS4 micaz -p 0
(This shows version 0 of GoldenImageC in volume 0)
(Hook up mote 0, turn on mote 1)
make micaz
tos-deluge /dev/ttyS4 micaz -i 0 build/micaz/tos_image.xml
tos-deluge /dev/ttyS4 micaz -r 0
tos-deluge /dev/ttyS4 micaz -p 0
(This shows version 1 of GoldenImageC in volume 0)
tos-deluge /dev/ttyS4 micaz -d 0
(Mote 0's red LED turns on, Mote 1 does nothing)
(...waiting for something to happen, but nothing appears to...)
(Hook up mote 1)
tos-deluge /dev/ttyS4 micaz -p 0
(Still has version 0, not version 1)

Hope that helps!

Thanks,
Ryan

Chieh-Jan (Mike) Liang wrote:
Hi Ryan,

I tried to reproduce the problem, but I couldn't. Could you please tell me the platform you are using (I currently assume Telosb), and the commands you typed?

Thank you

Mike

J. Ryan Stinnett wrote:
I'm trying out Deluge T2, but I'm having trouble getting the images to transmit beyond the base station. I started by flashing GoldenImageC on to two motes, and then injecting same image onto volume 0 of each as well. When I ping volume 0, each one reports that the image is there. I then recompiled GoldenImageC to generate a new "version" to see if it would be disseminated. At this point both the base station mote and the other mote are turned on. I injected the updated version into the base station and rebooted it. When I ping the base station, it reports that it has version 1 instead of version 0, so that looks good. I then issued the disseminate command to send the image to the other mote. The red LED on the base station turned on and remained solid, but no other LEDs blinked on the base station, and none of the LEDs blinked on the other mote. When I hook up the second mote to the computer, it still has version 0. How do I get the updated image to disseminate?

Thanks,
Ryan Stinnett