You will probably not be able to send message_t's using Hyperterm
because they contain non-ASCII content. Specifically the CRC
value needs to be calculated per-message. I don't use T2 so
I can't fully comment, but whatever modules that implement the
moral equivalent of GenericComm accept a reasonably narrow range
of header and trailer data.

If you want to send your own message format then you need to use the
lower level UART implementation to get and put individual bytes.

Or you can look into the demo programs that use Java or C constructs
to format and send valid message_t's.

MS

basma tantawi wrote:
hi,

We want to use the UART module in mica2 to receive data from the PC. We used the hyperterminal to send to the mote but Leds don't toggle when receiving from serial as we adjust them. Is the problem in the HyperTerminal? should we use another program? what is the length of data we should send in case not using a message_t structure? , further more how can we receive data from the UART module and put it an a variable and override the message_t methods.......?

thanks in advance

regards,
Basma