Hi Roberto,

on the radio manual (page 51 of 90), the description of CCA pin says:

The clear channel assessment signal is based on the measured RSSI value and a
programmable threshold. The clear channel assessment function is used to
implement the CSMA-CA functionality specified in [1]. CCA is valid when the
receiver has been enabled for at least 8 symbol periods.

bla, bla...

Implementing CSMA-CA may easiest be done by using the STXONCCA command strobe,
as described in the Radio control state machine section on page 44.
Transmission will then only start if the channel is clear. The TX_ACTIVE status
bit (see Table 5) may be used to detect the result of the CCA.

ciao,
--marco.