what Michael means is if you already have the values output to a terminal windows, in Linux you can redirect the values to a file, for writing a collection program, please check my early reply.

CASTEL Myriam wrote:
I'm sorry but I don't really understand what I have to do.
I have understood that I have to write a program in Java to do the acquisition of the port COM and send the values in a file .txt.
But how can I do that? Is there some examples of such programs?
Where did you post the necessary stream open method sequence ?

Thanks

Michael Schippling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit :

If you have a program that is writing the values to the console window,
you can redirect it's output into a file like this:

    program > file.txt

See the bash man page or info for more details on redirection.

And you can of course add a file write to any java program for
which you have the source. I posted the necessary stream open
method sequence (which is not entirely transparent) some time ago.

MS

CASTEL Myriam wrote:
Hi,

In the end of my application (with the mica2 and mib520), I need to store some values (but not all) send by the motes because I want to read them with Matlab. At the moment, I am using XSniffer. I can read the packets and put them manually in Matlab.But it is too long and I prefer to do it manually. Therefore sending the value to a file .txt seems to be good. Is it possible to do that with Moteworks or cygwin? and how?

Thanks for your advise.