Hi Phil,
Are you referring to the CpmModelC.nc, since in the TinyOS 2.0.1 version
that I have, the file in question has only 361 lines. I did a grep for the
exact dbg statement you had mentioned, in your reply, for all files under
the tossim folder as well, without success.

I used the grep with the -i option with similar results.

Thanks,
Avinash

On 7/18/07, Philip Levis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Avinash Sridharan wrote:
> I detected the total numbers of packet lost in the channel by doing a
> grep on the word "Lost" from the debug statements from the channel
> model, since this is printed out whenever is a packet is dropped by
> the channel model. I have two questions:
This doesn't seem like a very sound methodology to me. Take a look at
the debug statement on line 390:

dbg("Gain,SNRLoss", "Going to lose packet from %i with signal %lf as am
receiving a packet from %i with signal %lf\n", list->source,
list->power, source, rcv->power);

If your grep was not with -i (case insensitive), there's also line 308:

dbg("CpmModelC,SNRLoss", " - lost packet from %i as SNR was too low.\n",
(int)mine->source);

Phil

--
Phd Dept. of Electrical Engineering