Hello

I am using micaz(2.4Ghz), tinyos 2.0.1, linux(fedora 6), mib510.

Can I use float or double type in message when I want to use mig?
When I used only uint type, MsgReader with mig works well, but when I used
double(or float) type, MsgReader with mig doesn't work.

1) OK : only when I used int type, I found out result through MsgReader as
followings
   - message define
     typedef struct HelloMsg {
       uint16_t nodeid_;    // node id
       uint16_t type_;
       uint8_t x_;
       uint8_t y_;
       uint16_t seqno_;      // message sequence number

       uint16_t counter;    // for blinking
} HelloMsg_t;

   - result (MsgReader)
   > java net.tinyos.tools.MsgReader HelloMsg

   1185020442862: Message <HelloMsg>
     [nodeid_=0x0]
     [type_=0x1]
     [x_=0x0]
     [y_=0x0]
     [seqno_=0x0]
     [counter=0x40a0]

2) Error : when I used double type in message, I could see error in
MsgReader as following
   - message define
     typedef struct HelloMsg {
       uint16_t nodeid_;    // node id
       uint16_t type_;
       uint8_t x_;
       uint8_t y_;
       double temp_;          // <-- I also have tested in case of "float
temp_"
       uint16_t seqno_;      // message sequence number

       uint16_t counter;    // for blinking
} HelloMsg_t;

   - result (MsgReader)
   > java net.tinyos.tools.MsgReader HelloMsg

     receive error for HelloMsg (AM type 6): invalid length message
received (too short)

Thanks.

--
DaeHee Kim (Danny)
Department of Computer Science, State University of NewYork at Binghamton.