I'm still a T1 luddite, since it works for me...
I hope someone else can look at the files in question
and answer the question in question.
MS

Hristo Bojkov wrote:
Thanks Michael, In the AM.h in TOS2 there are few defines only for addresses. The message
structure for the radio is changed, but the HDLC packets should be in same
format. The defines about HDLC are in fact in Serial.h and I can see that
flag byte is the same, so HDLC enabled program for TOS 1 should read serial
packets from TOS 2. See the enum: enum { HDLC_FLAG_BYTE = 0x7e, HDLC_CTLESC_BYTE = 0x7d, };
So I know I've miss something, but for now I am not able to see where is the
problem.

HB

-------Original Message------- From: Michael Schippling Date: 01.08.2007 г. 19:59:19 To: Hristo Bojkov Cc: Tinyos-help@Millennium.Berkeley.EDU Subject: Re: [Tinyos-help] HDLC problem with BaseStationCC2420 I believe that "they" changed the message structure slightly in T2 So as to be incompatible with any previous host software...Look Into the equivalent of types/AM.h to see what needs to be modified. MS Hristo Bojkov wrote:
Hello tinyOS coders, I am new to TinyOS2. I have used TinyOS 1.1 for 6 months. When I tried to switch our application to TinyOS2, I discovered strange problem. The packets that I've received from BaseStationCC2420 are not in HDLC format as the packets were from TOSBase of TOS1.1. I read through app.c file and there in the code I saw files that are related to Serial communication and HDLC, but still the packets are strange. There is no FLAG byte 7E, also the 42 byte showing the NoACK type is missing, I am receiving just bytes without known for me format. The BaseStationCC2420 is compiled with "make telosb" and no change is made. The receiving application on PC is the same which we use for TOS1.1 and is capable of decoding HDLC. This is example of the received bytes, and there is no pause, I just cut the lines for the mail, they are consecutive: 4788C86C4C442764A4EB9FF47C00FA080821000A0EC4A464A4A4A464E 4A4A4A5FFF07C00FA080821000A0ECFE8C9A3F7868AC0C9A1CE32321 EE47C00FA080821000A0F04E4E4246464A46764A4AABFF07C00FA080821000A0F0F242 Do I miss something? Is there a setting I haven't set for HDLC to be used for encoding?

Platform: Timote Sky Host OS: WinXP