Look to the oft quoted octavetech doc for info about the message and payload:
http://www.octavetech.com/pubs/TB5-01%20Deciphering%20TinyOS%20Serial%20Packets.pdf

In general the stuff that gets put into the data payload is defined as
a struct in a .h file in the app's directory. surgeCmd.h would be one
place to look...

You can modify the payload size by changing TOSH_DATA_LENGTH (in T1 at least).
There are limits and tradeoffs. Search for that string on this list for details.

MS

Adi Mallikarjuna Reddy V wrote:
Hi,

Is maximum packet size of TinyOS is 32 bytes?Moreover in Surge application 34 byte packet some times. Surge do send the 22 byte packet. What does this packet signify and can any one tell me the packet format?

Regards,
Adi