You'll have to go look at the schematics, or horrors....search whatever
doc there is...to see if it's the same paradigm as the mica's. On Mica2,Z
the Voltage reading is coming from a fixed-value-ref where the ADC ref
is the actual battery voltage. So as the battery droops the fixed-ref
seems to increase, as does the ADC reading. Knowing the fixed-ref and the
number of conversion bits leads to some simple algebra to get battery voltage.

MS

Ákos Maróy wrote:
Sorry for having such basic questions again - I'm using the telosb
platform, and I'm trying to deduct the voltage level being read from the
values I get from the sensor.

my assumption is that the sensor is reading the voltage value.

I also understand that the sensor can be set up differently depending on
the sref value in the documentation.

but still, is there a formula on how to deduct the voltage measured
based on the sensor reading?

Akos

Platform: WinXP/Cygwin
TinyOS version: 1.x, Boomerang