Hi to all.

We are two students of the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).

We're getting started in the tinyOS environment. The situation is the
following: we are working with tinyOS 2x (Beta version) under Ubuntu
7.04 Operative System. We are doing the tutorials of tinyOS 2x (tinyOS
web page) and we've arrived to the lesson 5 and we have a problem at
the end of the lesson.
As first step we've compiled  Oscilloscope application:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/opt/tinyos-2.x/apps/Oscilloscope$ make
telosb

mkdir -p build/telosb

    compiling
OscilloscopeAppC to a telosb binary

ncc -o build/telosb/main.exe -Os -O -mdisable-hwmul
-Wall -Wshadow -DDEF_TOS_AM_GROUP=0x7d -Wnesc-all -target=telosb
-fnesc-cfile=build/telosb/app.c
-board=   OscilloscopeAppC.nc -lm

    compiled
OscilloscopeAppC to build/telosb/main.exe

           14660
bytes in ROM

             380
bytes in RAM

msp430-objcopy --output-target=ihex
build/telosb/main.exe build/telosb/main.ihex

    writing TOS
image

 And we've installed the Oscilloscope application in three motes:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/opt/tinyos-2.x/apps/Oscilloscope$ make
telosb reinstall,n

tos-set-symbols --objcopy msp430-objcopy --objdump
msp430-objdump --target ihex build/telosb/main.ihex
build/telosb/main.ihex.out-1 TOS_NODE_ID=1 ActiveMessageAddressC$addr=1

    found mote
on /dev/ttyUSB0 (using bsl,auto)

    installing
telosb binary using bsl

tos-bsl --telosb -c /dev/ttyUSB0 -r -e -I -p
build/telosb/main.ihex.out-1

MSP430 Bootstrap Loader Version: 1.39-telos-8

Mass Erase...

Transmit default password ...

Invoking BSL...

Transmit default password ...

Current bootstrap loader version: 1.61 (Device ID:
f16c)

Changing baudrate to 38400 ...

Program ...

14692 bytes programmed.

Reset device ...

rm -f build/telosb/main.exe.out-1
build/telosb/main.ihex.out-1

 In a fourth mote we've installed the BaseStation application and we've started
the SerialForwarder like tells the tutorial:

java
net.tinyos.sf.SerialForwarder -comm serial@/dev/ttyUSB0:telosb

Next we've compiled the java application and we obtain seven warnings:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/opt/tinyos-2.x/apps/Oscilloscope/java$
make

javac *.java

----------

1. WARNING in ColorCellEditor.java (at line 17)

        public
class ColorCellEditor extends AbstractCellEditor

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The serializable class ColorCellEditor does not
declare a static final serialVersionUID field of type long

----------

----------

2. WARNING in Data.java (at line 11)

        import
java.util.*;

^^^^^^^^^

The import java.util is never used

----------

----------

3. WARNING in Graph.java (at line 13)

        import
java.awt.event.*;

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The import java.awt.event is never used

----------

4. WARNING in Graph.java (at line 16)

        import
java.util.*;

^^^^^^^^^

The import java.util is never used

----------

5. WARNING in Graph.java (at line 19)

        class
Graph extends JPanel

^^^^^

The serializable class Graph does not declare a static
final serialVersionUID field of type long

----------

----------

6. WARNING in Window.java (at line 38)

        class
MoteTableModel extends AbstractTableModel {

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The serializable class MoteTableModel does not declare
a static final serialVersionUID field of type long

----------

7. WARNING in Window.java (at line 108)

        static
class MoteColor extends JLabel implements TableCellRenderer {

^^^^^^^^^

The serializable class MoteColor does not declare a
static final serialVersionUID field of type long

----------

7 problems (7 warnings)jar cf oscilloscope.jar *.class

 Finally
we've tried to run the Oscilloscope GUI application and we have several
errors whose reason we don't understand and we're not able to solve:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/opt/tinyos-2.x/apps/Oscilloscope/java$
./run

Exception in thread "main"
java.awt.AWTError: No suitable parent found for Component.

   at
javax.swing.JColorChooser.createDialog(libgcj.so.70)

   at
ColorCellEditor.<init>(ColorCellEditor.java:25)

   at
Window.setup(Window.java:160)

at
Oscilloscope.run(Oscilloscope.java:54)

   at Oscilloscope.main(Oscilloscope.java:126)

 What is the problem?
What can we do to solve this?We would very grateful for your help.