Don't forget the XubunTOS cd.  With this cd, you can install xubuntu
linux (a variant of ubuntu and debian) on your laptop with tinyos
pre-installed.

Chad Metcalf announced the release of XubunTOS 2 a couple of days ago
(see below).....

Kevin

People looking for the easiest way to install TinyOS can now grab
XubunTOS 2, a combination of Xubuntu Feisty Fawn (7.04), Stanford's
TinyOS 2.0.2 debs and TinyOS 1.x from CVS.

It is hands down the fastest way to get up and running with TinyOS.

Read more about it here: http://toilers.mines.edu/Public/XubunTOS

Or just grab it here: http://toilers.mines.edu/files-XubunTOS/XubunTOS-2.0.iso

Or here: http://5secondfuse.com/tinyos/XubunTOS-2.0.iso