I'm "fairly sure" that TOSBase doesn't do any received CRC check.
If you look at Packetizer.java::readFramedPacket() you can see
where messages are rejected based on the CRC failure, so this is
probably the place to hack.

I find that jackhammers and banging on pots and pans are good for
creating a noisy environment...sorry. You probably mean noisy RADIO
environment. It might be easier to reduce the signal, rather than
increase the noise. Removing the antenna from one of the motes
or reducing the transmit power could work. Or use a partial faraday
cage around some of the Motes.

MS

RamKishore wrote:
Hi all,
I want to receive the bad packets which failed CRC test.I am using TOSbase(/tinyos1.x/contrib/xbow/apps) as receiver(mica2),at 916.4Mhz.I scanned mailing lists,but couldn't figure out anything.

More importantly, could anyone tell me few methods of generating noisy environment.

Many Thanks in advance,
Kishore