Azhar

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [Tinyos-help] ADC sampling
rateDate: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 06:14:54 +0000

Hi all,    I understand that the timer used for acoustic ranging done by VU is
somewhat different from the original implementation.  I've used the timer
provided by VU, but I seem to run into problems in obtaining the correct
quantity of data when doing acoustic ranging using micaz motes on TinyOS
1.1.15.   As a first step, I decided to see how many samples are actually
returned by OutsideRangingSensorM (i.e. I used a counter each time bufferIndex
was reset).  Hence, in one set of 16 chirps, the counter should return me 16.
However, each time a set of 16 chirps has been sent, the counter returns me a
value of 3.   As a next step, I reduced the implementation to such that only
one set of 16 chirps was sampled each time - again it returns me 3 samples.
Since this program uses ADC.getContinuousData(), I thought that the sampling
rate for this ADC was too slow - hence in MicM, I explicitly called
ADCControl.setSamplingRate(0) [as this should be the fastest] in
StdControl.star!
 t(), but unfortunately, it returned 0 samples when I tried running the
program.  I also tried it out with different sampling rate and this was what I
got: 0,1 - 0 samples received2 - 8 samples received3 - 7 samples received4 - 5
samples received5 - 4 samples received6 - 2 samples received7 - 2 samples
received    Thus, I'm quite lost as I can't seem to get all the 16 chirps to be
sampled.  Any suggestions? Thanks and best regards,Azhar

[...]
<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma
}
</head>
<BR>My apologies, there was some error in the data shown below.&nbsp; The
actual value is actually:<BR>
&nbsp;<BR><FONT size=2>
setSamplingRate(i)<BR>
i = 0 &amp; 1 -&gt; no response<BR>
i = 2 -&gt; 0 samples received<BR>
i = 3 -&gt; 8 samples received<BR>
i = 4 -&gt; 7 samples received<BR>
i = 5 -&gt; 5 samples received<BR>
i = 6 -&gt; 3 samples received<BR>
i = 7 -&gt; 2 samples received<BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Would be great if anyone can tell me what might have gone wrong (I
have not changed the implementation of VU's timer just for your info - and I
made sure that the "original" micaz folder was renamed micaz2, and the one used
for acoustic ranging is called micaz - hence, typing "make micaz" should point
to the correct directory for acousting ranging).<BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
Regards,<BR>
Azhar</FONT><BR><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
<HR>
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]<BR>To: tinyos-help@Millennium.Berkeley.EDU<BR>Subject:
[Tinyos-help] ADC sampling rate<BR>Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 06:14:54 +0000<BR><BR>
<META content="Microsoft SafeHTML" name=Generator>
<STYLE>
.ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P
{padding:0px;}
.ExternalClass EC_body.hmmessage
{font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}
</STYLE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE>Hi all,<BR>&nbsp;<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; I understand that the timer used
for acoustic ranging done by VU is somewhat different from the original
implementation.&nbsp; I've used the timer provided by VU, but I seem to run
into problems in obtaining the correct quantity of data when doing acoustic
ranging using micaz motes on TinyOS 1.1.15.<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; As a first step, I
decided to see how many samples are actually returned by OutsideRangingSensorM
(i.e. I used a counter each time bufferIndex was reset).&nbsp; Hence, in one
set of 16 chirps, the counter should return me 16.&nbsp; However, each time a
set of 16 chirps has been sent, the counter returns me a value of
3.<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; As a next step, I reduced the implementation to such that
only one set of 16 chirps was sampled each time - again it returns me 3
samples.<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; Since this program uses ADC.getContinuousData(), I
thought that the sampling rate for this ADC was too slow - hence in MicM, I
explic!
 itly called ADCControl.setSamplingRate(0) [as this should be the fastest] in
StdControl.start(), but unfortunately, it returned 0 samples when I tried
running the program.&nbsp; I also tried it out with different sampling rate and
this was what I got:<BR>&nbsp;<BR>0,1 - 0 samples received<BR>2 - 8 samples
received<BR>3 - 7 samples received<BR>4 - 5 samples received<BR>5 - 4 samples
received<BR>6 - 2 samples received<BR>7 - 2 samples
received<BR>&nbsp;<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; Thus, I'm quite lost as I can't seem to get
all the 16 chirps to be sampled.&nbsp; Any suggestions?<BR>&nbsp;<BR>Thanks and
best regards,<BR>Azhar<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></body>