From: Michael Schippling [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2007 1:58 AM
To: Lalit Shah
Cc: tinyos-help@Millennium.Berkeley.EDU; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Tinyos-help] problem in installation of TinyOs 1.1

First, none of the "missing" components have anything to do with Java...
Java can live most anywhere on your system independent of TOS.

You can check to see if /bin/tcsh and the like actually exist. If they
do then you might just try using "--nodeps" on the RPM install. But
probably you missed some part of the earlier install and they are really
not there.

You said you "successfully installed all the rpm packages"...do you mean
all those prior to the tinyos rpm? You can verify this with "rpm -qa".
IF anything looks funny try un-installing and re-doing it all.

And I would start with a newer TOS version like 1.1.10, which I think
has a full install package as well.

You also don't say what system you are working on, Widows, Linux, etc?
IF on Windows, most of the errors might indicate not getting cygwin right.

MS

Lalit Shah wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have started installing TinyOs 1.1; I have followed all the steps
> required for installing TinyOs 1.1.
>

> I have successfully installed all the rpm packages without nay warning
> but In the end when I started installing RPM package
> tinyos-1.1.0-1.noarch.rpm I have got following error.
>

> Error: Failed dependencies:
>

> /bin/tcsh is needed by tinyos-1.1.0-1
>

> /usr/bin/perl is needed by tinyos-1.1.0-1
>

> Libc.so.6 is needed by tinyos-1.1.0-1
>

> libc.so.6 (GLIBC_2.0) is needed by tinyos-1.1.0-1
>

> libc.so.6 (GLIBC_2.1) is needed by tinyos-1.1.0-1
>

> libc.so.6 (GLIBC_2.1.3) is needed by tinyos-1.1.0-1
>

> perl (strict) is needed by tinyos-1.1.0-1
>

> So please suggest me how to overcome the above problem.
>

> Is it necessary that Java and TinyOs tools should be in same folder.
>

> * Lalit Shah *
>
> * Software Engineer *

> System Level Solutions India Pvt. Ltd.
>
> Plot# 32, Zone - D/4,