Hi !

>From the CC2420 datasheet :
P = RSSI_VAL + RSSI_OFFSET [dBm]
Where RSSI_OFFSET = -45 (found empirically)
and RSSI_VAL is the value from the strength field as a signed 8 bit integer.

You should take a look at the datasheets of your hardware and the
archives<http://www.tinyos.net/scoop/special/support#mailing-lists>of
this list.

:)

Mathieu

On 30/10/2007, Venkat Manoj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to convert the TOS_Msg->strength value obtained from TelosB
> motes. The values I get are around 19. What is the conversion I should use
> to get the rssi value in decibels? I know that rssi values are negative, but
> the strength field is an unsigned 8 bit integer!
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Regards,
> Venkat

Van der Haegen Mathieu