There are some docs available in tinyos-2.x-contrib\blaze\docs, showing the
architecture of the Blaze radio stack. It's not dependent upon
microcontroller, but your platform does need to have some wiring and stuff
setup.  This must be done manually.

To start, take a look at the
tinyos-2.x-contrib\blaze\tos\platforms\tmote1100 directory. This is an
example platform I hacked together by attaching a CC1100 to a tmote's SPI
bus - you can create your own platform as well (be sure to make a
corresponding .target file in tinyos-2.x/support/make before trying to
compile - there are tutorials on how to do this somewhere).

To tell the code how the radio is actually connected to the microcontroller,
you need to edit the equivalent of
tinyos-2.x-contrib\blaze\tos\platforms\XYZ\chips\ccxx00.  Each module or
configuration here tells the source code how the radio is physically
connected - including interrupts, SPI bus, and GPIO's.  You'll have to make
a version of that for the atmega microcontroller, and to do that I recommend
you look at the tinyos-2.x/tos/platforms/micaz/chips/cc2420.  The CCxx00
radio's platform-dependent code follows the CC2420 stuff closely.

Because this is a dual-radio stack, your platform will need to include at
compile time the radio type you want to use.  I did this in
tinyos-2.x-contrib\blaze\tos\platforms\XYZ\ActiveMessageC.nc by referencing
the component "CC1100ControlC".  If you wanted to use the CC2500, or both,
you'd reference "CC2500ControlC".  Finally, you'll also need to make sure
your tinyos-2.x-contrib\blaze\tos\platforms\XYZ\.platform file includes all
the correct directories at compile time.

It's a task to port this to a new platform, but examples already exist all
over the place so hopefully it won't be so bad.  Really look at that micaz
platform code for the CC2420 to see what it's doing, and then use the CC1100
platform code examples to port it over in the micaz mindset.

-David

  _____