Thanks for the reply!

Seems (curiously) similar in T2...I think? I have a few different
send/receive going on now. My question about accessing AMSenderC.Packet
(which is likely a T2 thing that I've picked up from one of the
example/tutorial programs) still remains though:

I've used the same AMSenderC for both my SenderN.send interfaces when
forming the Packet and it seems to work. Is there a higher level in T2 from
which to access the packet interface that I //should// use instead? :-)

   components new AMSenderC(TYPE_ONE) as Sender1;
   components new AMSenderC(TYPE_TWO) as Sender2;
   App.Sender1 -> Sender1;
   App.Sender2 -> Sender2;
   App.Packet -> Sender1;
(and)
(inside Sender1.send func)
   packet1 = (Packet1struct*)(call Packet.getPayload(&pkt, NULL));
(inside Sender2.send func)
   packet2 = (Packet2struct*)(call Packet.getPayload(&pkt, NULL)); <--call
to [Sender1.]Packet??

Cheers,
Ben

> In T1 (I assume T2 is only _slightly_ different in some
> curious way)...
>
> A header file defines all the message structures and "AM_" types.
>
> Your config file has a line for each message type:
>    // Host commands to be received
>    RoboMsgM.RCmdStartMsg ->
> GenericComm.ReceiveMsg[AM_ROBOCMDSTARTMSG];
>    RoboMsgM.RCmdStopMsg -> GenericComm.ReceiveMsg[AM_ROBOCMDSTOPMSG];
>    RoboMsgM.RCmdStatMsg -> GenericComm.ReceiveMsg[AM_ROBOCMDSTATMSG];
>    // Status replies to send
>    RoboMsgM.RStatusMsg -> GenericComm.SendMsg[AM_ROBOSTATUSMSG];
>    RoboMsgM.RConfirmMsg -> GenericComm.SendMsg[AM_ROBOCONFIRMMSG];
>
> And your impl file has code for each:
>    event TOS_MsgPtr RCmdStartMsg.receive(TOS_MsgPtr m)
>    {
>       // ...
>       return( m );
>    }
>
>    void someFunction()
>    {
>       call RStatusMsg.send( MYTOSBASE, sizeof(RoboStatusMsg),
> statmsgp );
>    }
>
>    event result_t RStatusMsg.sendDone(TOS_MsgPtr sent,
> result_t success)
>    {
>       return SUCCESS;
>    }
>
> MS
>
> Murray, Ben wrote:
> > Hi
> > I am trying to write a program that needs to be able to
> cope with a number
> > of different message types, usually of different lengths.
> These different
> > message types needed to be routed to different parts of my
> application for
> > processing depending on their type.  Likewise, each note
> needs to be able to
> > send a number of different types of message.
> >
> > Can/should I be implementing this by using multiple senders
> and multiple
> > receivers or is there a better/more efficient way?
> > Plus, if I use multiple receivers/senders, do I also need
> to use multiple
> > .Packet interfaces? ...or is there a single Packet
> Interface I can use?
> > Equally is there a single send interface I can use for the
> different type
> > (each with a different payload structure and for a
> different purpose)
> >
> > e.g.
> > configuration MyApp {
> > }
> > implementation {
> >     components new AMSenderC(TYPE_ONE) as Sender1;
> >     components new AMSenderC(TYPE_TWO) as Sender2;
> >     components new AMReceiverC(TYPE_ONE) as Receiver1;
> >     components new AMReceiverC(TYPE_TWO) as Receiver2;
> >     App.Sender1 -> Sender1;
> >     App.Sender2 -> Sender2;
> >     App.Packet -> AMSenderC; //***Does not work as no I need to tie
> > App.Packet1 -> Sender1 etc etc
> >     App.AMPacket -> AMSenderC; //***as above...
> > ...etc
> [...]

the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may not be divulged to
any third party without the express permission of the originator.  Any views
expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the
sender specifically states them to be the views of Thales Research & Technology
(UK) Limited.