Hi Phil,
Right now we are using TOSSIM 2 based simulation environment. I studied your
reply carefully and implemented CC2420ActiveMessageC interface for setting
TX power on per packet basis. However, I also found one more thread :
http://www.mail-archive.com/tinyos-help@millennium.berkeley.edu/msg14660.htmlwherein
you have clearly mentioned that TOSSIM doesnt support changing
tx_power functionality.
Is there any way/fix to change power on per packet basis ?  Changing power
is very much crucial to our research.  Most of the things that we are trying
to do depends on changing  transmitter power.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Vijayant Bhatnagar.
Rutgers.