Assuming that the .so was generated, you can just move it to the JRE bin --
I think bin is the right place -- Or you can hack around and see why the
target dir is not set - at all - in the makefile.

MS

Prashanth Shenoy wrote:
Hi everybody,

I am using X-ubuntu and tinyOS-1.1.14

I am trying to use the Listen application provided in the tinyos Tuto.

When I do java net.tinyos.tools.Listen
I get the followinfg error

                 getenv JNI library not found. Env.getenv will not work
                 (please consult installation directions in
                 tinyos-1.x/tools/java/net/tinyos/util/Env.INSTALL)
                 Error on [EMAIL PROTECTED]:9001: java.net.ConnectException:
Connection refused

So  int the $TOSROOT/tools/java/jni I tried make install but i get the
following error

sudo make install ( as suggested in the Env.INSTALL )

make -f Makefile.Linux "JDK=." "JNI=" install
make[1]: Entering directory `/opt/tinyos-1.1.14/tools/java/jni'
install libgetenv.so ""
install: target `' is not a directory: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [install] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/tinyos-1.1.14/tools/java/jni'
make: *** [install] Error 2

I dont know what could be the problem... I have the right PATH variables for
JAVAHOME/jre

I even tried the alternative suggested in nv.INSTALL about libgetenv.so. This
dosent work too.

Any suggestions????????

Platform: WinXP/Cygwin
TinyOS version: 1.x, Boomerang