Hi Miguel

I'd suggest you use the latest tinyos-2.x from cvs repository. There was
a bug that lacked some current in sleep mode (see
http://tinyos.cvs.sourceforge.net/tinyos/tinyos-2.x/tos/platforms/telosb/MotePlatformC.nc?revision=1.3&view=markup).
An updated power trace can be found at
http://tik42x.ethz.ch:8080/buildresults/t2-null?tab=power-charts
although there are some distrubances in the measurement, one can clearly
see, that the null app uses almost no energy.

the easiest way to put your node to LPMx is to edit the file
/tinyos-2.x/tos/chips/msp430/McuSleepC.nc and set pState to your desired
mode in getPowerState() and then run comppile the null application.

For setting pins you could use the TOSH_SET_x_PIN() macros or the
interface GeneralIO and the component Msp430GpioC.nc.

Other helpful sources:
-help mailing list
-code doc (nesdoc) at
http://www.tinyos.net/tinyos-2.x/doc/nesdoc/telosb/ or in your doc directory