Sandip Bapat wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am getting a fork_copy error in cygwin when I try to do pretty much
> anything.
>
> When I start cygwin I get
>       2 [main] perl 4924 fork_copy: linked dll data/bss pass 0 failed,
> 0x3E2000.
> .0x3E2370, done 0, windows pid 4976, Win32 error 487
>
> When I try to compile an app I get
>       2 [main] msp430-gcc 1652 fork_copy: linked dll data/bss pass 0
> failed, 0x5
> 7D000..0x57D020, done 0, windows pid 3904, Win32 error 87
>
> Does anyone know how to fix this error? I've tried rebooting the machine
> and reinstalling tinyos - I hope I don't have to reinstall Windows :(
>
> Thanks in advance for the help
> Sandip

Are you using Windows Vista?  Vista doesn't seem to play well with the
version of Cygwin that's on the tinyos.net site.

Several of the students in my class had this problem, and all of them
were using Vista.  Most of them were able to fix it by deleting their
Cygwin installation, reinstalling Cygwin straight from
http://www.cygwin.com, and installing the TinyOS RPMs on top of the new
Cygwin installation.  Some of them never did get it to work, and they
ended up either installing Linux or running XubunTOS in a virtual
machine (http://sing.stanford.edu/klueska/running_xubuntos_vm.html).

Greg Hackmann