Miklos Maroti wrote:
The only important thing is how stable that oscillator is,
and I do not
care if the rate is 5% off as it is quite easy to compensate for that
in software.

Yes, a software mostly approach is bettor for tinyOS at this time, you're right.

I'll still be thinking of a good way to have a smoothly tunable rock stable
real time clock for some apps, and it will still get its accuracy from software
compares
of different clocks on the network through deterministic delayed synchs.

Right now, I don't think the time stamping is deterministic even.

Can you point me to radio docs about that?  Have you come across specs on the
jitter involved in capturing a packet preamble RX time, or packet send preamble
TX time?

Thanks,

John Griessen
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX
tinyOS devel on:  ubuntu Linux;   tinyOS v2.0.2;   telosb ecosens1