I'm assuming that you haven't made any changes to the demo code,
so I'll guess that it "should" work. I think it was you that had
a problem with the "Pot" interface that doesn't exist on telos
devices, how did you fix that? Unfortunately there are very few
examples of sending messages from PC to Mote, in T1 anyway. So
I'm not sure what else you can try.

I believe you can just plug your re-mote into the host USB and see
if you can get anything directly over the UART. After that I would
just start reducing everything to the simplest components.

I've not tried my much referenced code on a telos/tmote but I
have every reason to believe that it should work since I've
recently hacked a tmote program out of it:
    http://www.etantdonnes.com/Motes/robocode.tar.gz
You might try it, as, IMHO, it is a little more straight-forward
to modify and debug...probably because I wrote it all...

Also, did you every tell us what version of everything you are using?

MS