why did you use cc1100 instead of another cc2420? the modulation scheme is
more robust. to answer your question, the communication between the
microcontroller and the radio is based on spi (the uController is the
master). If you need some code to implement the mac layer, and the packet
formatting library, you might take a look at the tinyos stack. tinyos 1.x is
csma, while tinyos 2.x is a mix of b-mac and x-mac.