Hi list.

TinyOS 2.x introduces the Dissemination and Collection algorithms.

What I would like is a way for the Basestation to communicate with a
single mote (preferably 2-way) over multi-hop. Basically, a form of 1
to 1 ad-hoc routing, rather than many to one (collection), or one to
many (dissemination). Also, the data to be transfered could be fairly
large (eg: 50-100kb) instead of the small chunks which Dissemination
and Collection can handle. But sometimes small (maybe just a config
update to a single mote, or a single mote wants to inform the
basestation about an event). Ideally this would include a 'lite'
version of TCP (did the other side get the packet? correct sequence
number? crc ok? etc).

Obviously in this scenario the motes can't cache all the data, so this
would only work if the 2 endpoints are online and a multi-hop route
exists between them.

Is the above practical for tinyos? Are there any existing FOSS
implementations, or would we need to license something like xmesh from
Crossbow?

David.