While I like this idea, are we going through a TEP vetting process before adding new calls in the radio stack interface? I could think of a lot of things that one might want to add to the CC2420 radio stack but I thought the idea of the TEP process was to air these ideas through feature extension proposals before just adding things when they seem like a good idea. Then again maybe we need to draw a distinction between "public" interfaces and "private" ones; I suppose one could consider the internals of the CC2420 stack to be "private" -- that is until any upper level code starts relying on the existence of this interface and makes it impossible to port to other radio stacks.