Another strange thing:
I'm comparing my code with the app.c file which contains the parsed code.
The line
temp=((chosen[j]>=temp) ||  inconsistent[j] || (j == heldout));

where temp is an integer, is parsed in
temp = (chosen[j] >= temp || inconsistent[j]) || j == heldout;
which is different from the the original!!!!
So, are my problems caused by this uncorrect parsing?