Hi,

I'm studying the MAC layer code in CC2420RadioM.nc for TinyOS-1.x. I noticed that the overflow status of the RXFIFO buffer was checked at several places, and the buffer was flushed on positive result. I have a few questions as follows on these checks, and I'm looking forward to your opinions.

1. Why check the overflow status in tryToSend()? Just to make sure ack can be received? If so, for me it seems unnecessary if ack is disabled.

2. In delayedRXFIFO(), I guess the overflow status is checked because overflows may happen before the task is actually run. But since the RXFIFO buffer may sustain multiple packets, why not try to read out one or more packets before flushing?

3. In FIFOP.fired(), similar as question 2, why not try to recover as many packets as possible before flushing?

4. In HPLChipconFIFO.RXFIFODone(), why are there two checks? And actually I have questions similar to 2 & 3 for both of these two checks.

Thanks,

Sha