Is Trawler reading from ADC0?  Sorry if that's an ignorant question.

Also, if you are using a good lab
power supply, make sure pin 3 is hooked to the positive output voltage
and pin 9 is hooked to the negative output voltage of the supply.  Do
not use the ground of the power supply.  Lab power supplies are not referenced
to ground, you have to explicitly connect the ground.  But in this case
it is better not to use ground.  We recently smoked a mote by
carelessly attaching
it to another circuit.

I modified the Tinyos-2.x Oscilloscope program so that you can get it to read
from the external a/d channels instead of the demo sensor.  I like the
tinyos-1.x Oscilloscope better, because you can display multiple channels.  I
mention this in case someone wants the code.  Not sure what to do with it.

Eric