I think it should not be related to Version. Obivous there is different
between the following two lines.

typedef struct serial_source_t *serial_source;    the same is different

typedef struct serial_source *serial_source;     the same is the same,
therefore name confilict

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 3:11 AM, Ákos Maróy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I haven't looked at TinyOS since last fall, and was about to revive a
> project I'm doing with it. I started to upgrade, recompile, etc, and now
> I see that one can't actually include serialsource.h in C++ code, as
> errors are reported. In particular, gcc 4.1.2 gives the following:
>
> /usr/include/serialsource.h:4: error: conflicting declaration 'typedef
> struct serial_source* serial_source'
> /usr/include/serialsource.h:4: error: 'struct serial_source' has a
> previous declaration as 'struct serial_source'
>

> and indeed, the offending line is:
>
> typedef struct serial_source *serial_source;
>

> where the same symbol (serial_source) is used for both the struct name
> and the typedef name. apperantly this is invalid C++, doesn't work even
> if it's included in an extern "C" { ... } clause.
>
> I see the same definition in the old header looked like this:
>
> typedef struct serial_source_t *serial_source;
>

> and this works fine. I wonder if it would be possible to revert to the
> old version, that works in C++ as well?
>

> Akos

Renjie Huang
Sensorweb Research Laboratory