Thank you for this information.

  So, do you have any suggestions to our profiling function such that we can
get more accurate time measurement?

  Thanks again,
  Mustafa

Philip Levis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Apr 6, 2008, at 7:58 PM, Mustafa Hammad wrote:
> I am measuring real-world time as provided by the operating system
> (the current process execution time).
>
> This is a code from our profiling function that saves the time to
> print it later as tracing results:
>
> struct timespec tp;
> // get high precision timestamp, and save
> clock_gettime(CLOCK_PROCESS_CPUTIME_ID,&tp);
> incallIndex[RetAddressCount] = i;
> incallSeconds[RetAddressCount] = tp.tv_sec;
> incallNanosecs[RetAddressCount] = tp.tv_nsec;

TOSSIM timers are in terms of simulated time, not real-world time. Why
would they be otherwise? Otherwise you could never run a simulation so
big that simulation time is slower than real time, and you could never
run a small simulation quickly.

Phil