From: Flavio Pompermaier [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: woensdag 9 april 2008 0:02
To: Michiel Konstapel
Subject: RE: [Tinyos-help] Minimizing RAM consmption

I've already noticed this..In my code I was using some Pool (with respective
Queues) for manage receiving and sending (from/to radio, from/to flash and
sending to serial), but as I increment MSG_SIZE the RAM consumption
"explodes"...For a MSG_SIZE=40 the RAM consuption was about 5K, with
MSG_SIZE=100 (if it makes sense..) typing "make telosb" the compiler tell me
that bss section overflows..(more than 10K)! So I understood that MSG_SIZE is a
very important parameter..
Since we touched the MSG_SIZE argument, is there an "adviced" maximum value for
it in Telosb? I know that there's a maximum size (I don't remember precisely
now), but as the number of neighbor nodes increases, it's a good idea to send
BIG packets as FEW TIMES as possible (to avoid collision). But how much does
increases the integrity of received packet as MSG_SIZE increases..? Is there
any reference about it?