With Java Garbage Collection, this, supposedly, can't happen.
If you have an active reference (pointer) to an object, the
object does not get 'deallocated'.

NullPointer usually means just that, a reference that is zeroed out.

So, we'd have to see the code and the actual error messages to make
any progress. However these sort of things can often be solved using
a debugger to poke around at the error location. Eclipse has a pretty
good Java debugger if you don't have one handy.

MS

Eric Keller wrote:
> I'm just making things up because I haven't seen your code, but are you trying
> to send back the same message packet that you just received?  My thought is
> that
> the packet is being deallocated before you send it.  The solution would be
> to allocate your own packet, copy, and then send the copy.
>
> Maybe my answer is stupid enough that someone that knows what they are
> talking about
> will answer this time.
> Eric
>
> On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 9:52 AM, Nicole Neureiter
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>  I have the problem, that for verification I have to send the same message I
>>  have received via Java from the motes back to the motes. This means I use
>> the
>>  same message type. Problem is I can't forward the original message because I
>>  get a NullPointerException (This problem was send by someone else in the
>> past
>>  and not answered). So I tried to save the data values I received and create
>>  new message to send, but I still get the Nullpointeexception when using
>>  moteIF.send.
>>  Can anyone help?
>>
>>  Thanks in advance
>>
>>  Nicole Neureiter