Hello,
I'm starting a research project aiming to compare several mac
implementations for telosb platforms in TinyOS 2.x. At the beginning I
thought it was a good idea to start with simple protocols such as
S-MAC, and therefore I will start implementing it on TinyOS 2.x.
Nevertheless, it is strange to note that it hasn't been done yet!!
Does anybody know why? I think there are not technical requirements
that cannot be achieved with CC2420 radio module. I mean, probably
there is a great trend going toward LowPower implementations and some
of them seem to be unpractical in telosb platforms, but I think s-mac
is not only feasible but also useful.
I'd appreciate some comments and advice from the mailing list, thanks.
Erwing