On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 9:41 AM, Marie Shinotsuka
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I'm running Bcast from lesson 6 of the tutorial,
>  and it works well when there is only one mote between the transmitter and
>  receiver;
>  however, when I placed two motes between them,
>  I encounter several problems.
>
>  First, receiver receives only one packet, not two.
>  Say it only receives a packet through node A;
>  then, when I turn off node A, it receives from node B without any problem.
>
>  Secondly, hop count is sometimes incorrect.
>  Sometimes a node has both green and red LEDs on
>  (which it shouldn't since it is only programmed for two hop counts
>   -- green: 1hop, red: 2hop)
>
>  Thirdly and most importantly, sometimes I get flood of messages received at
>  the receiver.
>  It seems like, according to the source, two intermediate nodes are
>  communicating between each other,
>  not recognizing that the sequence number has not been updated.
>
>  Please help me with this if you know the answer to it.
>  None of the code being used are modified,
>  and hardware components are micaz and MIB520.

I think those dissemination protocols are examples of minimalist
protocols but with lots of problems due to lack of mechanism to ensure
reliability, low messaging overhead, scalability, etc.

If you are not required to use TinyOS 1.x, I suggest you use the
dissemination protocols available in TinyOS 2.x. There are two of them
right now: tos/lib/net/drip and tos/lib/net/dip

- om_p