  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of renjie
huang
Sent: Sunday, April 20, 2008 4:17 PM
To: tinyos-help
Subject: [Tinyos-help] CCA for channel detection

Hi

I am trying to use CCA for a node to detect all radio channels around. If
CCA is false, then there may be some nodes transmitting packets on
corresponding channel. But in my test there has some problem. When a node
uses a channel , eg 11, while no other nodes are around, it will report
channel 11 deteced. That means when the channel is not busy(no nodes are
transmitting, including itself), CCA also can be false.

    for(ccaCheck = 0; ccaCheck < 400; ccaCheck++)
      if(!call CC2420RadioControl.getCcaStatus())
          count++;
    if(count > 200)
     debug(DBG_ERR, "channel =%i is detected \n", call
CC2420Control.GetPreset());

This seems that CCA is not relaible.  I don't know what is wrong with my
code. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks
--
Renjie Huang
Sensorweb Research Laboratory