From: Razvan Musaloiu-E. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: kou ksk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: tinyos-help@millennium.berkeley.edu
Sent: Thursday, 1 May, 2008 12:25:00 AM
Subject: Re: Re: Bootloader

Hi!

Because I didn't update the manual yet I'm also forwarding this to the
help mailing list.

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008, kou ksk wrote:

> Wow,
> This is so kind of you !!
>
> I have very specific requirements.
> 1. What is the image format, which this bootloader can read from eeprom and
>    load into mote program memory. (Any function which can convert SREC to
> bootloader suitable
>    format?)

The format of the Deluge T2 binary files is this:
    *  metadata (128 bytes): the fields are:
          o uidhash (4 bytes)
          o size (4 bytes)
          o number of pages (1 byte)
          o reserved
          o CRC over the above 4 fields (2 bytes)
          o appname (16 bytes)
          o username (16 bytes)
          o hostname (16 bytes)
          o platform (16 bytes)
          o timestamp (4 bytes)
          o userhash (4 bytes)
          o padding up to 128 bytes
    * CRCs of all the pages (128 × 2 bytes)
    * data
The data is split in pages of 1104 bytes (48*23) and one CRC is computed
for each page.

> 2. How to configure bootloader. i.e. how to tell this bootloader from
>    which address to lift the image and load it in mote program memory,
>    before resetting the mote.

You can use the NetProg interface for this. It's in
tos/lib/net/Deluge/extra. In the same place is also NetProgC, the
component that implements the NetProg interface.

> 3. How to install this bootloader?

The bootloader is in tos/lib/tosboot. If you put TINYOS_NP=BNP in your
Makefile then it will be automatically installed when you do a "make
install".

> 4. Can I use it for my purpose ?

Yes, you can. :-)

--
Razvan ME

      Explore your hobbies and interests. Go to
http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/