I get the error message every time I try to execute(paul's suggestion did not
work)
make tmote

The error message is

Couldn't execute msp430-gcc
make: *** [exe0] Error 2

when I write
 which msp430-gcc  it gives me
/opt/msp430/bin/msp430-gcc

I am not being able to figure out what is going wrong
Below is my environment setup(I am working in ubuntu 7.10"gusty")

export TOSROOT=/opt/tinyos-2.x/
export TOSDIR=/opt/tinyos-2.x/tos/
export PATH=/opt/msp430/bin:$PATH
export MAKERULES=$TOSROOT/support/make/Makerules
export CLASSPATH=$TOSROOT/support/sdk/java/tinyos.jar:

also when I give tos-check-env I get
        /usr/sbin
        /usr/bin
        /sbin
        /bin
        /usr/X11R6/bin

Classpath:
        /opt/tinyos-2.x//support/sdk/java/tinyos.jar
        .

rpms:
        /usr/bin/rpm

nesc:
        /usr/bin/nescc
        Version: nescc: 1.2.9

perl:
        /usr/bin/perl
        Version: v5.8.8 built for i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi

flex:

bison:

java:
        /usr/bin/java

--> WARNING: The JAVA version found first by tos-check-env may not be version
1.4 or version 1.5one of which is required by TOS. Please ensure that the
located Java version is 1.4 or 1.5

graphviz:
        /usr/bin/dot
        dot - Graphviz version 2.12 (Tue Sep  4 16:56:48 UTC 2007)

--> WARNING: The graphviz (dot) version found by tos-check-env is not 1.10.
Please update your graphviz version if you'd like to use the nescdoc
documentation generator.

tos-check-env completed with errors: