Thanks a lot for your answer. Well, i was implying this because it was
our only explanation for the situation. We just cannot figure out why
the reader talks with the pc, the telosb mote talks with the pc, but
they just won't talk with each other. :(
At least we can now stop anatomizing the serial kernel module.

But then another question: Does anyone know if the call to the following
functions suffice to set up a uart? resetUsart(TRUE); clearModeI2C();
disableSpi(); enableUart(); resetUsart(FALSE); clrIntr(); disableIntr();

Greetz,
Chriz