Janos

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Eric
Decker
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 2:38 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Tinyos-devel] what version of Gcc should I be using? Possible
bug?

I've been chasing a problem where the following code doesn't do the
right thing.

  bool isSetSCCI() {

    return (TACCTL2 & SCCI);

  }

SCCI has the value 0x0400 (bit 10 of TACCTLx).  I would expect this to
return 0x0400 if

SCCI is set and 0 otherwise.  The code generated both with and without
optimization is

given below.  It basically does nothing.  Am I missing something?  (As I
get older my

brain definitely misses things....)

(gdb) x/3i 460c

0x460c <GPSByteCollectP$isSetSCCI>:     mov     &0x0166,r15     ;src
addr 0x0166

0x4610 <GPSByteCollectP$isSetSCCI+4>:   clr     r15             ;

0x4612 <GPSByteCollectP$isSetSCCI+6>:   ret

Here is the code I'm running.  I'm a bit dubious of gcc 4.1.2.  What
version should I be

running?

cire-laptop (47): ncc --version

ncc: 1.2.4

nescc: 1.2.9

gcc: gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 (Ubuntu 4.1.2-0ubuntu4)

This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is
NO

PURPOSE.

--
Eric B. Decker