Hi Group,

I am working on MultihopOscilloscope application(from Tinyos2.x/apps) which
is edited to SNOOP the on going traffic in the network.

I have setup a small network of three motes(1,2 and 3) and one Base Station(
mote 0):
Just imagine
mote1->sends message ->mote 0
mote2-> sends message -> mote 0
mote 3-> sends message -> mote2->forwards the same message->mote0

As each mote has ability to snoop their neighbor's traffic.
Mote 1 can see the packet from mote 3 that it has sent message(Sender -Id=3)
to mote 2.
and mote1 can also sees that  mote 2  is forwarding  the same
packet(Sender-id=3) to mote0  ( I am assuming that forwarded packets are not
edited by forwarder id.)

I am little confused here.As mote 1 sees two packets(with sender-id=3 and
same contents) but unable to distinguish between the forwarded packet and
the original packet.

*Is anyway I can see who is forwarding the packets ? *(I want to see the
forwarded packet with not only originator id but also forwarder id )
*Can forwarders edit the packets with their id along with packet originator
id??

I guess the MultihopOscilloscope application doesn't has any 'code' to see
who is forwarding packets.My understanding is that the CTPForwardingEngine
will take care of those things. Am I right ??
*
I am sorry for the long mail.

Thanks and Regards,
Mahesh B. Satharla,