Hi Zhang,

>> Yes. The PacketTimeStamp interface is used to access the transmit or
>> receive time of the packet. If you want to embed a time stamp inside
>> the packet then you need to use the TimeSyncAMSend and TimeSyncPacket
>> interfaces of the SimSyncSend component.
>
> i understand , when use the TimeSyncAMSend interface to send a packet , it
> also performs sender-receiver time synchronization besides send the packet.
> but i still have some puzzles . if the sender and receiver are turned on all
> the time and sleep periodically , there is no need of time synchronzation
> and  the information of time have no significance to the motes.  am i right

No. The TimsSyncAMSend is a time synchronization primitive and has
nothing to do with asynchronous LPL. If you want to establish
synchronized global time across all motes (regardless if you use LPL
or not) to be able to correlate external events, then you need time
synchronization. Please read the Flooding Time Synchronization
Protocol paper.

> ? what is the  aim when you implement the driver ? do you want to use it for
> lowpowerlistening ? because the current implementation of lowpower listening
> is asynchronous , not synchronous (the sender  know when the receiver wake
> up , and there is no need to send the wake up packet before send the useful
> data ) .  i see the lpl of rf230 has been implemented , which kind does it
> belong to ? do it use time synchronization in implementation of LPL ?

No, they are completely independent.

> i think you have implemented the time synchronization , so i want to know
> the arithmetic of time synchronization  you use .
> Do you know which implementation of time synchronization suppose rf230 ?

What do you mean by arithmetic of time synchronization? By the way,
only the sender-receiver time synchronization primitive is
implemented. FTSP will be ported to use this primitive.

>> Not yet. a TEP is coming out soon. You should have no problem using
>> the components I pointed out. The interface files have the necessary
>> documentations.
>
> is rf230 supposed by CTP ?

What is CTP?

Best,