On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 3:04 PM, 贾鹏 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi there,
> I' m scrutinizing the CTPForwardingEngine now, I'm little confused by the
> function forward();   I realize the QEntryPool is necessary, for it will put
> a new recieved packet into the queue. But I cannot understand the function
> of MessagePool. Everytime it grab a space from this pool and return a
> pointer newMsg, but it assign it equals to 0 and let the SubReceive.receive
> return this value. why we need to do this, and assign this newMsg's pointing
> space equal to 0, does the SubReceive.receive needs such a return value?  I
> cannot see its point.

QEntryPool is a pool of fe_queue_entry, not the packets. MessagePool
is a pool of message_t. fe_queue_entry has information about the
client and retries but the packet is buffered using entries from
MessagePool. We could not use a single pool because we need to enqueue
the packets but we need additional information as well such as how
many retransmits have been attempted.

- om_p